Your calling is calling.
NCMA Tysons is proud to feature these career opportunities with trusted names in the Contract Management community.
Current Job Openings
Business Management Specialist
Posted on June 26, 2020
Job Location: Washington, DC
This job does not require a clearance.
Employer: General ServicesAdministration
Location of position: Federal Acquisition Service, Information Technology Category, Office of Acquisition Management Washington, DC This is not a virtual position. The selectee is expected to report to the duty station listed. GSA’s Office of Information Technology Category (ITC) provides access to private sector IT & telecommunications solutions for federal, state & local government agencies. We are currently filling one vacancy, but additional vacancies may be filled as needed.
In this role the applicant will be required to:
–Prepare and/or develop briefings for higher level management to explain the specific analysis of matters that effectively influence business management, financial and marketing programs or policies, as well as to provide recommendations or action plans and provide guidance and/or direction for implementation.
–Monitor, evaluate and/or execute assigned programs and initiatives. Analyze and evaluate (on a quantitative or qualitative basis) the effectiveness of program operations in meeting established goals and objectives.
Compile, review and analyze various operational statistical data. Provides and develops acquisition /procurement reports.
–Review substantive changes to FAS/ ITC policy and/or procedures for final approval for ITC Leadership. Prepare comprehensive acquisition reports, memorandums, status tracking sheets to keep management apprised of specific acquisition projects.
–Author and review various types of acquisition documents for upper level management for approval.
Conditions of Employment
- US Citizenship or National (Residents of American Samoa and Swains Island)
- Meet all eligibility criteria within 30 days of the closing date
- Meet time-in-grade within 30 days of the closing date, if applicable
- Register with Selective Service if you are a male born after 12/31/1959
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a political Schedule A, Schedule C or Non-Career SES employee in the Executive Branch.
- Serve a one year probationary period, if required.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 3 investigation level).
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security’s e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Complete a financial disclosure report to verify that no conflict, or an appearance of conflict, exists between your financial interest and this position
For each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
If you have volunteered your service through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, Americorps), we encourage you to apply and include this experience on your resume.
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
The GS-13 salary range starts at $102,663 per year.
If you are a new federal employee, your starting salary will likely be set at the Step 1 of the grade for which you are selected.
To qualify, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level or higher in the Federal service.
Specialized experience is in federal procurements and federal pricing models, acquisition framework, developing acquisition plans, using business management tools and qualitative and quantitative techniques to research, evaluate, gather and develop information for internal and external communications, briefings or engagement with senior executives, and/or customers for office programs. This experience must include:
- influencing business management, financial and marketing programs or policies;
- managing projects to ensure projects meet identified objectives by offering well-supported and sound conclusions and recommendations;
- obtaining, assembling, and analyzing facts to resolve solutions to problematic situations.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit a complete online application including any required documents prior to 11:59 pm Eastern Time on the closing date of the announcement. You can modify or complete your application any time before the deadline. Simply return to USAJOBS, select the vacancy, and update your application. For more detailed instructions on how to apply, click here: Apply for a GSA Job. To begin, click the Apply Online button on the vacancy announcement.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit a complete online application including any required documents prior to 11:59 pm Eastern Time on the closing date of the announcement. You can modify or complete your application any time before the deadline. Simply return to USAJOBS, select the vacancy, and update your application. For more detailed instructions on how to apply, click here: Apply for a GSA Job.
To begin, click the Apply Online button on the vacancy announcement.