Cancellation Policy: Refunds are only given if requested no later than 72 hours before scheduled class time.
- This event has passed.
Certified Professional Contract Manager (CPCM ) Study Group
October 24 at 5:20 pm
Required Book: Contract Management Book of Knowledge (CMBOK), 6th Edition
To purchase, visit link below. Allow a week for shipping.
Fee, excluding book purchase:
- $100 for NCMA member
- $150 for non-member
- $75 for government employees
Course materials and discussion will be hosted through Google Classroom, which will require you to have a Google account (gmail) to access. Please make sure to have your Google account setup.
Location: American Institutes for Research, 1400 Crystal Drive, Arlington (Crystal City) VA
Date: March 4, 2020 – April 22, 2020
Time: 8 weeks, meet once a week on Wednesday, 7pm – 9:30pm
Tami Gershfang, CFCM, CPCM – VP, Certifications
Laura Kunkle, CFCM, CPCM – Director, Certifications
Objective: To help students prepare for the CPCM exam.
Format: The course is 8 weeks long. Each week there will be in-class discussion, a reading assignment, quiz, and at least one online discussion board posting. Students who attend 6 or more class sessions will earn 20 CPEs.
Certification: The CPCM application and exam are separate from this course. Taking this course will prepare you, but does not equal or guarantee your certification, nor does it guarantee your eligibility to sit for the exam. To become certified, you must apply for certification and schedule your certification exam. For more on certification, visit https://www.ncmahq.org/standards-certification
Cancellation/Refund Policy: Registered participants who request to withdraw from the course up 72 hours (or 7pm, March 1, 2020) before the official course start date will receive a full refund. No refund will be provided past this deadline.
Contact Information: Tami Gershfang at firstname.lastname@example.org
Week 1: March 4, 2020
- Orientation; CPCM exam eligibility, timeline, cost Chapter 1: The Contract Management Framework (5-8 questions) Chapter 2: Contract Management Body of Knowledge (CMBOK) Overview (5-8 questions) Chapter 3: Leadership Competency (8-12 questions)
Week 2: March 11, 2020
- Chapter 4: Management Competency (30-35 questions)
Week 3: March 18, 2020
- Chapter 4: Management Competency – Continued (30-35 questions) Chapter 5: Guiding Principles Competency (30-35 questions)
Week 4: March 25, 2020
- Chapter 6: Pre-Award Life Cycle Phase (30-35 questions)
Week 5: April 1, 2020
- Chapter 6: Pre-Award Life Cycle Phase – Continued (30-35 questions)
Week 6: April 8, 2020
- Chapter 7: Award Life Cycle Phase (30-35 questions)
Week 7: April 15, 2020
- Chapter 8: Post-Award Life Cycle Phase (30-35 questions)
Week 8: April 22, 2020
- Chapter 9: Learn Practice test CPCM exam eligibility, timeline, cost Registration for exam