Cancellation Policy: Refunds are only given if requested no later than 72 hours before scheduled class time.
- This event has passed.
NCMA Tysons Hot Topic Course – Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification
April 16, 2020 at 8:00 am - 10:00 am
In January 2020, Department of Defense (DoD) released their unified security standard called the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification. All DoD contractors and subcontractors throughout the supply chain need to be compliant and maintain a certain level of cybersecurity maturity if they want to do business with the DoD. Under the CMMC, contractors will be assessed on their implementation of required cybersecurity controls, technical practices, and processes against a maturity scale.
Join us for this timely presentation as we discuss the key perspectives on the recently released CMMC model. Key takeaways from this session will include but not be limited to:
- Basic of CMMC model – what it is, what are the domains covered, number of controls by domains
- Definitions of the 5 levels of cybersecurity maturity
- Timeline of when contractors need to get CMMC audited
- Steps that defense contractors, subcontractors, and vendors need to take to become ready for a CMMC audit
- Value add – how implementing CMMC-related standards is not just a compliance burden but can be a value add and an advantage.
- The ripple effect – how CMMC may affect the supply chain, M&A activity, teaming arrangements and other aspects of the business of federal contracting.
Bhavesh Vadhani CISA, CRISC, CGEIT, PMP is a Principal with CohnReznick and he has more than 15 years of experience in the field of information risk management. As a trusted advisor to CIOs, CIS’s, and CAEs, he has led engagements such as privacy assessments, information technology (IT) general controls assessments, vendor security assessments, SSAE 16/SOC 1 (formerly SAS 70) and SOC 2 attestations, IT risk assessments, information security consulting, information assurance, IT strategy, IT portfolio management, and project management and quality assurance reviews. He has in-depth knowledge of IT and business processes, as well as valuable experience in auditing and integrating highly complex systems.
Rebecca Kehoe, JD, is a manager in CohnReznick’s Government Contracting Industry Practice with more than 30 years of experience in addressing compliance issues for government contractors. She consults with small and medium-sized businesses on such matters as contract compliance for purchasing business systems, cost estimating business systems, and contract property management business systems, as well as on conflicts of interest and ethics for government contractors. Rebecca has also taught courses on various issues of government contract compliance.
This course will be held via a virtual webcast. WebEx instructions will be sent to all registrants the day prior to the training.