The NCMA Tysons Chapter currently has open Board positions! There are many benefits to serving as a volunteer Board member which include the following:
Increase Your Professional Network
Learn and Develop New Skills
Safe-space to Refine Leadership Skills
Help with the Growth and Development of Others
If interested, please review the position descriptions below. All interested parties should send a letter of interest and resume to: Jim Doss, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vice President of Membership:
Responsible for membership development and retention; corporate outreach; update of member information (e.g., returned newsletters w/address changes); recruitment of, and coordination of volunteer assignment, pins and awards.
Director of Chapter Recognition:
Responsible for assisting VP-Membership with Chapter recognitions. Highlighting members in the news and updating membership contact list. Researching articles and content for our social media feeds.
Some of the areas that will be highlighted are:
-Appointment to a Board of Directors
-Individual accomplishments: who obtained a degree, certifications, acceptance into a NCMA program
-Exceptional service awards
-Length of Service awards 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30+
-Articles published by Tysons Chapter Members
Director of NES:
– Research and secure a facility to host NES (preferably free!)
– Work with communication group to market NES
– Identify topic based on National’s current selection of NES topics
– Purchase books from National once headcount is secured
– Produce and provide VP of education a detailed proposals for event(s) (e.g. timelines, venue, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets);
– Agree to and manage the budget;
– Coordinate venue management, caterers, speaker, guests;
– Organize facilities, and create documentation for guests, for car parking, security, meals;
– Identify and secure speakers or special guests;
– Plan room layouts, the program, and necessary IT requirements;
– Oversee the completion of the event and clear the venue efficiently;
– Post-event evaluation (including data entry and analysis and producing reports for event stakeholders).
Director of Chapter to Chapter Relations:
– Directs activities between NCMA Tysons Corner Chapter and all other NCMA Chapters. Facilitates the flow of information between NCMA Tysons Corner Chapter and all other NCMA Chapters related to Chapter Relation activities and outreach initiatives.
– Assist Chapters to enhance local activities, including education, membership development and public relations. Serve as a liaison between the NCMA Tysons Corner Chapter and other NCMA chapters related to Chapter Relation activities. Build and maintain relationships with chapter leaders by establishing regular contact and traveling to other Chapter meetings as necessary.
Director of Training:
– Assist VP in developing new courses/slides for the course library.
– Confirm facilities and refreshments for all training sessions including coordinating with the host sponsor of on-site events & site security to reserve conference room & catering.
– Coordinate with VP-Education to provide speakers/instructors (SME) for training course series throughout the Program Year.
– Responsible for reviewing, editing and distributing course materials and conducting the training.
– Maintain control and security of the Intellectual Property (courses) of the Chapter.
– Finding volunteers to help assist with sign-in for all trainings
– Manage all communication to training attendees and speakers in order to provide the applicable materials for the upcoming courses.
Director of Chapter Member Recruitment:
Supports the chapter in targeted recruiting of new chapter members. This may include membership drives, working with communities of practice, or other such activities (e.g. Government membership drive) to facilitate members to join NCMA Tysons and further – to assist corporations and Government with seeing the value in a NCMA Membership or subscription.
Director of Government Relations and Regulations:
Responsible for the recruitment and retention of Government members in the NCMA Tysons Chapter. To encourage the active involvement of Government members in the chapter through participation in chapter events and programs.